27 January 2010

Bad Idea...Great Idea

It's a bad idea to try and catch your straightener as it falls to the floor... fully heated. It's even worse to try and catch it again because you managed to keep it from falling by grabbing it (by the heated plates) the first time.

It's a great idea to blog about your upcoming wedding and how excited you are about it. (This would actually be Diana's idea) I wouldn't want to be accused of plagiarism. Hopefully my readership of 3 or so aren't bored with the idea because great idea has the potential to make up for bad idea, even though it kind of hurts to type because of bad idea. On to good idea...

My parents like to tell the story of me telling them I wouldn't leave the house until I was 35. As much as they say they wish I would have stuck to that ideal I am sure they are glad for me to be out on my own (maybe not so far away but on my own). Then I reached that age where I wasn't going to get married and kids were even more less likely. I was going to be a career woman and save the world with my journalism and business skills (single handedly). And although my mom will still say I'm too young to be getting married I am sure she is glad I have grown out of this stage in my life as well.

So how is being out of that stage of my life and on to the next? It's great of course! It's exciting to be planning on a new adventure and even more exciting is that adventure includes Corey. I know there is only more to come from here on out but I can honestly say this is the happiest part of my life...thus far. I've found someone who has been very invested on making sure I'm happy, more than happy.

It has its draining moments like accepting help, that's a toughy, or lack of sleep makes me grumpy, or Corey seeing me break down because I let myself stress over school and work (good thing I'm not doing things single handedly). But at the end of the day I never doubt if he's there for me or if he wants to spend time with me.

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

And remember: Don't grab hot straighteners! It's not worth it!

No comments: